Union Gospel Mission is a Biblically-based, Gospel oriented Mission located in the Heart of Canada and in the heart of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
WHY: Our faith focuses on restoring and transforming those we serve in the power of the Holy Spirit.
WHAT: Our love helps us encourage open dialogue to get to the root of a persons choices and pain, whether addicted or maligned, broken, lonely or homeless.
HOW: Our Christian counsellors, chaplains and missionaries offer practical and spiritual guidance through our street and family ministries and through our addiction recovery programs.
Prayer is critical. In all of this we exist to honour and serve Jesus. Nobody but Jesus!
We have an exciting opportunity for someone gifted with financial administration skills, to be an integral part of our finance team.
- Provide leadership, direction and oversight for all of UGM’s financial records and processes.
- Work in a team environment to serve and support UGM’s front line workers.
- Agree with our statement of faith and meet qualifications for employment.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the deferral accounting method, depreciation, audit, budget, equity funds, investments and executive level reporting.
- Experience working in an Accounting and/or Finance role with being familiar with “Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations (ASPNO) and the CRA Charity Return.